Palm oil refining line
In the main producing countries such as Malaysia, Indonesia, Africa or the Southern American states in particular, palm oil is in demand not only as a raw material in the production of foods, cosmetics or cleaning agents, but also as an edible oil. In order to render the palm oil obtained edible, palm oil refining line is needed to remove impurities.
Palm oil refining line:
1. Filtration: The purpose of this step is to remove the granular impurities in palm oil.
2. Degumming: Pumping crude oil into oil refining tank, stirring quickly, and simultaneously heating by steam or heat-transfer oil(in coiled heater). Then add some hot water. You should control the water amount, temperature and water adding speed. If phospholipid lasts long suspended in oil, which is hard to gather to make flocculent precipitate. We can rise up the speed of adding water, conversely slow down. At the meanwhile, adding alkali to remove the FFA. For the batch type and semi-continuous type refinery, they will adopt precipitation separation method, continuous refineries will adopt centrifuge separation method.
3. Decolorization: Inhale definite amount of decoloring agent(floridin or acticarbon)into the oil, continuously stirring and heating for 25min. After that, pump the mixture of oil and floridin into filter to separate oil and floridin.
4. Deodorization: Pump and heat decolorized oil, when oil temperature reaches above100℃, injecting the direct steam to take the odors away. We can get refined palm oil, which is edible at this step.
5. Fractionation: This is very important process in palm oil refining, But before this step, we have get edible palm oil, in another word, if not for special usage, this step could be cancled in palm oil refining.